A prestigious and exciting new opportunity for FLY!
We are so thrilled to share that Ali Knight, FLY’s President and CEO, was recently accepted into the prestigious Annie E Casey Foundation’s Children and Family Fellowship! This esteemed program brings together 15 diverse, visionary leaders from around the country to lead and sustain major system reforms for youth and families.
Selected through a rigorous application process, this 21 month fellowship supports executives to lead through complexity and ambiguity, hone data-driven decision-making, and develop effective systems change strategies.
Why is this fellowship opportunity so exciting for FLY?
- The Casey fellowship elevates FLY to a national level – increasing visibility and the potential to expand our impact in deep and meaningful ways.
- The fellowship focuses deeply on the intersection of racial equity, measurable outcomes, and systems change – areas that FLY continues to lean strongly into.
- This fellowship is an opportunity for Ali to work and learn alongside a cohort of systems thinkers across the country to further his own leadership development as he begins his third year as FLY’s CEO.
- Participation will open doors to a national network of resources and leaders who can advocate for FLY’s vision.
A few quotes from FLY’s Board of Directors:
Congratulations to Ali and FLY!
The Annie E. Casey Foundation is a nationally recognized forward-thinking organization that puts evidence-based youth care in the center of their mission.
– Robert DeJesus, Retired Assistant Chief Probation Officer, Santa Clara County Probation Department
This is a well-deserved honor and a wonderful opportunity for Ali and for FLY. And it couldn’t come at a more important time for his passion and FLY’s mission to improve outcomes, foster racial equity and effect systems change in the juvenile justice system. We support and celebrate Ali’s participation in this prestigious program. Bravo!
– Gordon Davidson, Partner, Fenwick & West, LLP
Being part of this fellowship is a huge testament to Ali’s leadership and FLY’s impact. I hope you all can join us in whole-heartedly congratulating Ali and FLY on this remarkable achievement!